Wednesday, November 30, 2011

BREAKING. Oprah Winfrey to Wendy Williams: 'I know there's speculation that Gayle and I had a falling out ...'


Oprah Winfrey wrote a letter to talk show host Wendy Williams of The Wendy Williams Show (weekdays at 13:00 and 23:00 on BET, TopTV 190).

Oprah Winfrey's letter says that Gayle King is still her best friend despite Gayle King leaving Oprah Winfrey's OWN TV channel to become a presenter on one of America's morning shows from 2012.

With new American episodes of The Wendy Williams Show shown in South Africa on the exact same day, Wendy Williams today read a letter on Wednesday's episode she received from Oprah Winfrey.

''I love it when celebrities contact The Wendy Show to set the record straight. Cause that means that they're watching,'' Wendy Williams primed her studio audience.

''Well, recently ... Oooprah ....'' she said, and waited as the audience predictably started ''ooh-ing'' and ''aah-ing''.

''I know!'' said Wendy Williams with visible delight.

''Recently I talked about Oprah and Gayle's friendship possibly being on the rocks. It all stemmed from when I was talking about Gayle announcing she was leaving the OWN network for The Early Show on CBS. I received a letter and it goes like this: Dear Wendy ... I knooooow!'' said a giddy Wendy Williams, pausing and telling her audience that the original letter she got is ''upstairs in a vault in my office''.

''I know there's speculation that Gayle and I had a falling out because Gayle will be hosting the new morning show on CBS,'' read Wendy Williams. ''I wanted to make sure everyone knows that there is only happiness for Gayle at this wonderful opportunity. Then there's a smiley face,'' said Wendy Williams as she read Oprah's letter - remarking to her audience: ''She has a sense of humour.''

''And then, look: 'Love, Oprah','' said a visibly delighted Wendy Williams.