Saturday, August 27, 2011

Viewers and TopTV subscribers react with disappointment and resentment after news that Discovery Travel & Living channel is being removed.

TopTV subscribers and viewers are reacting with disappointment, anger, sadness and resentment after the news that the Discovery Travel & Living channel (DStv 453) will be dumped from the pay TV operator at the end of the month to be replaced with the new TLC.

''NO! But that's TopTV's best channel!,'' echoed a reader a sentiment shared by many, while another one said ''Travel & Living has only been on for a year, why did TLC then not start from the beginning? I got TopTV for Travel & Living and now I have to keep paying but TopTV is changing the product agreement that I signed up for. I'm going to cancel my TopTV it's no longer worth it.''

Another TopTV subscriber tells TV with Thinus that ''Travel & Living was just perfect''. ''It was undoubtedly the strongest channel on the bouquet. The new TLC will be skewed to female viewers and exclude a lot of the great cross-over make over/ renovating shows. The very repetitive and very boring FLN has not refreshed 90% of their content. The shows are great, but I have seen them all. Most of their content is on repeat from May 2010! I am so disgusted about Travel & Living and this change of name.  I think there is a skills shortage at TopTV and it shows.''

''I don't understand why Travel & Living has to change to something else. Nobody is explaining that. Why is nobody giving a reason why the channel has be replaced and suddenly be something else?'' asks another. Another response goes: ''Travel & Living taken off is a massive downgrade and a disgusting move by whoever decided this. That and about two other channels are the only ones I really watch on TopTV.''

Another reader wondered: ''If TLC is different, why isn't Travel & Living remaining and TLC merely added as well as a new channel? Why must TLC replace an existing channel? TopTV keeps promising new channels will come but is instead replacing existing channels with new channels. Not fair.''

''I didn't have pay TV before TopTV came. Travel & Living showed me inspiration and plans for a better home. No it's taken away,'' said another TopTV subscriber.