Wednesday, June 30, 2010

BREAKING. ''Aikona, sisi!'' SABC2's new Sunday sitcom Skwizas will be starring Mara Louw from August. At the same time she's on M-Net's Idols!


You're reading it here first.

I can exclusively reveal that in August viewers will be able to see Mara Louw on two South African TV channels at the same time. And believe you me - SABC2 and M-Net will NOT be happy about this.

Not only can I be first to tell you that SABC2 has a brand-new sitcom called Skwizas in the works, but I can also reveal that this new SABC2 Sunday evening sitcom in August stars none other than the dear Mara Louw in this local production. Yes. I hear you. So say it with me. ''Aikona, sisi!'' Of course in one of those most surreal, surrealest twists of fate in the TV world, Mara Louw will be appearing as one of the judges in the new sixth season of Idols on M-Net as well. Broadcasters simply HATE sharing on screen talent - and that's not even when its at the same time. Imagine then how much worse it then is when one of the famous faces from one of your premiere local production's are also popping up on a rival channel during the same production run.

Sources tell me that SABC2's Skwizas will also star Lillian Dube, Mary Twala, Dolly Malunga and Rina Nienaber who are struggling with growing older as well as dwindling pensions and careers.