Friday, February 26, 2010

BREAKING. ''They're all now under fire.'' More suspensions of high level executives at SABC looming.


You're reading it here first.

While the shock regarding the late-Friday suspension of Gab Mampone is reverberating through the South Africa's TV industry and the SABC which I was first to tell you about (RIGHT HERE), it seems that Gab Mampone will not be the only one suspended.

Insider sources within the SABC reacted immediately. I spoke with several credible and longtime SABC sources who are telling me that the suspension of Gab Mampone will be followed by several more. Another credible SABC inside source told me the same thing, saying ''more suspensions are looming. More high level executives at the SABC are definitely on their way out.''

Another highly placed source at the SABC told me that several executives are on the verge of being moved out of their positions that they're occupying now. According to this source, they will soon be publicly ''redeployed''.

I know and have been given very specific names, but I'm rather not going to mention them here now. All I can say is . . . if you deal with some people at the SABC, make sure you're aware of who their colleagues are. Some of them are going to be gone very soon, and if you don't know who's the fall-back person, you're going to be in trouble.

''Without the previous board to protect them and [names mentioned here again from the previous SABC board] they [various SABC executives names mentioned here] are all now under fire,'' says this last source.