Thursday, December 24, 2009

TV stars share their Christmas wishes.


I asked a few local TV stars how they will be spending Christmas day tomorrow, and for their special Christmas wishes.

''Christmas day I will be spending with my parents in Cape Town. They will be coming over to my place and it's always a big responsibility. The stres will be high in the kitchen, but like everything else I'll get through it. I had such a crazy year. I don't want anything for Christmas - I think I already have everything. To have the people you love with you is all that is important on Christmas. For readers I want to say everything that is good and great and love. Enjoy the day with your family and for those not with family, be with your friends, because they're your family too.''
- Tammy-Anne Fortuin, All Access presenter on M-Net


''It remains a tradition to spend Christmas time at home. This year were privileged to have my mother in law from Europe here to visit us and on Christmas Eve we will have a family dinner at my brother in law. On Christmas morning I will be playing the organ at church after which we will throw some meat on the coals and swim with my two year old grandson in the swimming pool. A new Mercedez-Benz would be welcome (a guy can dream can't he!), but I think we all share a wish that crime, poverty and unemployment will end. It's my hearts wish that all South Africans will treat each other with respect which will make South Africa an even more beautiful country.''
- Riaan Cruywagen, SABC2 news reader


''On Christmas day my wife Christi and I will be spending the day with family in Gauteng. Most people jet off to Cape Town but we flew to Gauteng. I think 2009 was a long and a tough year, so for me the biggest gift is to just have some time off to rest. My biggest wish is for the children of South Africa and the children who might not get a gift tomorrow, or might not be sitting around a tree, or might not have a warm meal. I want every child to know that they are precious and wonderful and matter, because Christmas is about children.''
- Nico Panagio, Survivor SA host on M-Net

''I'm with my family in Cape Town with my mom who turned 80 this year and with my children and my brothers - also my brother visiting from London, the one who plays in Kumars. We are going to have a delicious family feat, also with friends. My biggest wish is for peace and joy in this country. And that crime will go down - we're all tired of crime now.''
- Vinette Ebrahim, Charmaine in 7de Laan on SABC2

''Christmas day we will be spending as a family. We're on holiday at the south coast and it's all about family. My wish for people is that they will carry and remember the message of Christmas in their hearts and will remember why we're really celebrating Christmas when they gather around the Christmas tree.''
- Michael Mol, Top Billing presenter on SABC3


''On Christmas day we will have a massive Italian feast cooked by me. I'm actually a very good cook I'll have you know! It will be in our garden and the whole family will be there. It's what we do every year. My wish is for a new kitchen and then also to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. I hope to do that this year. My wish for South Africa for 2010 is for more jobs and that we can leave the recession behind us and just less poverty in our country.''
- Debora Patta, 3rd Degree presenter on e.tv